Carroll Construction recently repaired this home damaged by the Flood of 2016.
After the Eastman's home suffered 38" of water during the Great Flood of 2016, Carroll Construction was brought in to restore their home and add a few upgrades. As the house had already been gutted, our crews began with opening up a wall between the living room and the breakfast/kitchen area. We also re-envisioned the master bathroom, replace all the exterior doors and windows with new energy-efficient units, and upgraded the lighting throughout the home.
Of particular note, before the flooding the Eastman family had been attempting to solve a moisture issue in their slab that is common in older homes where the poly-mil moisture barrier has broken down due to age. As a solution, we installed a fluid applied moisture barrier to the entire floor space and utilized the beautiful wood plank tile seen in the photos below. From the start to finish, we were proud to be able to complete this project in 7 months despite the challenging labor market conditions that were prevalent in the area post-flood.
The scope of the renovation project:
We performed a full renovation of the home's interior, including new windows and flooring:
- New Alliance Vinyl energy efficient windows throughout
- Wood plank flooring throughout
- Custom shower/tub surround in the master bathroom and guest bath
- Custom all wood cabinets
- Floating shelving in kitchen
- Granite Counter tops installed
- Installed Delta Plumbing Fixtures
- Barn doors at the master bathroom and laundry room
- Mudbench near rear entry with "Hose-spigot" coat hangers
New Appliances Added:
- 48" Gas THOR professional stove & range + side burner and dual ovens
- Matching stainless vent hood
- Whirlpool 1.6 CF built in Microwave
- Bosch 800 Series dishwasher with concealed controls
Click to view the full image gallery:
Are you ready to upgrade your home or renovate your space?
Contact Carroll Construction to see how we can make your dream home a reality!